Assessment and treatment of children with delays or difficulties in communication including speech, language (comprehension and use of language), play, social skills, non-verbal communication and literacy skills.
- Formulating reports and referrals for medical professionals and allied health professionals.
- Involvement in developing Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for children within schools.
- Liaising and collaborating with medical and allied health professionals to ensure a complete understanding of individual clients, as well as formulating comprehensive and effective therapy plans with jointly focused goals.
- Providing assessments and therapy for children with a range of needs (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder & Asperger Syndrome, Developmental Delay, ADHD/ADD and Verbal Dyspraxia)
- Specialised program development for early childhood and school age children with literacy and learning difficulties.
- Working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team with teachers, psychologists, paediatricians and other health professionals.
- Providing educational resources, support and training for teachers, educators and parents, as well as suggesting and demonstrating provisions to be made in various educational settings.