The Developmental Paediatrics School Age Multidisciplinary Assessment Day has been designed as a comprehensive, collaborative team assessment enabling busy families to have their child or adolescent seen by an expert team in one centre.
It is a new and innovative model of complete care designed for 6-17 year old children with developmental, learning, attention, or behavioural concerns, and involves:
- A Development Paediatrician assessment.
- A Clinical Psychologist assessment.
- A nutritional assessment by an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- A hearing test.
- A cognitive assessment (IQ test).
- An educational assessment of your child’s strengths and weaknesses in various academic areas such as numeracy and literacy.
- An analysis of your child’s teacher’s reports and standardised assessment questionnaires.
- A collaborative case conference amongst experts who have assessed your child.
- An individual multi-disciplinary plan detailing a clear path of therapies, learning support, or further testing.
- Feedback, discussion, and counselling.
We believe this model brings the strengths of a range of professionals into a specialist team for your child. Rather than having working with different practitioners in diverse locations who work in isolation, we believe that your child and family benefits from your team working together carrying you forward.